This article contains plot details from the latest book.
The Vackers are the most noble family among the elves. They are looked upon as idols due to their seemingly perfect features and their status. The Vackers are very good friends to the Ruewens. With an exception to Alvar, the Vackers support the Black Swan, with three of them being members of the order. The Vackers value their name and prestige. Because of this, Alvar’s betrayal, Fitz and Biana’s banishment, and the discovery of the troll hives have brought shame to the youngest generation of Vackers.
- 1 The Vacker Legacy
- 2 Personalities
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Home
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Members
- 7 Crest
The Vacker Legacy described by Alvar Vacker turns out to be more of Luzia Vacker's legacy. Luzia Vacker formed a treasonous alliance with the trolls, helping and housing their hives on her property. Vespera claims that Luzia Vacker used her illusion techniques to hide the hives. Vespera also claimed Luzia Vacker might've been the reason for her jailing to distract and obscure her own doings.
Personalities[edit | edit source]
The Vackers may be a little obsessed with their legacy, so much so that they try to hide anything that would tarnish it. After Alvar’s betrayal, some of the other members of the Vacker family looked at Alvar and his family as failures to the Vacker name. They can be so obsessed with their legacy that they tried to cover up the fact that Fallon and Luzia Vacker are only half-siblings.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The main characters in the series have pale coloring and dark hair, but the Vackers come with every hair color, skin color, feature shape, and body type. They are typically the "prettiest" of them all.
Home[edit | edit source]
Currently, the Vacker family resides at Everglen (other then Alvar whose whereabouts from Legacy is Candleshade ). According to Flashback, Everglen is an ancient property that Alden inherited from Luzia Vacker. After the inheritance, Alden had the estate renovated. The only remaining part of the original estate is the room Alden currently uses as his office.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
“You'll understand, someday, day when you see the Vacker Legacy for what it is.”
“The air in the room shifted, turning hotter and heavier each stare sent their way- a blast of searing judgement aimed at the family of Vackers who'd brought scorn upon the name. Fitz and Biana seemed to shrink under the weight of it, ducking their chins and picking up their pace as angry murmurs began to swell- starting as a low rustle and growing into a pounding thrum.”
Members[edit | edit source]
- Alden works for the Council as an Emissary.
- He is described as tall and lean, with vibrant teal eyes and dark wavy hair.
- He is a Telepath.
- Alden was denied spyball approval.
- He was assigned pathfinders to the Lost Cities and the Forbidden Cities, as well as crystals to Gildingham, Loamnore, Marintrylla, and Ravagog.
- He often helps solve a lot of Sophie's problems.
- His trademark phrase is "No reason to worry."
- His mind was broken in Exile, but Sophie healed him.
- Della is described as very beautiful, with pale blue eyes, chocolate brown hair and heart-shaped lips
- She is a Vanisher, which means she is able to appear and disappear as the light streams through her.
- She has spyball approval.
- Della was assigned pathfinders to both the Forbidden Cities and the Lost Cities.
- She and Alden applied as replacement guardians when Grady and Edaline canceled their adoption of Sophie.
- She still acts like Sophie's aunt.
- She is married to Alden Vacker, whom she had three children with, Alvar, Fitz, and Biana.
- Della, Fitz, and Biana are also part of the Black swan.
- Alvar is the eldest Vacker child with wavy hair, a square jaw, and Della’s pale blue eyes.
- Sophie says it seems that he works hard to look good; having to use gel for his hair, since he wasn't as naturally attractive as the other Vackers.
- Like his mother, he is a Vanisher.
- He is an adult and has moved out of their home.
- He has worked with the ogres, and in Book 4, he is revealed to be The Boy Who Disappeared and that he is working with the Neverseen.
- He was also one of Sophie's kidnappers in Book 1: Keeper of the Lost Cities.
- He is said to have been "juggling three girlfriends" in Book 1: Keeper of the Lost Cities.
- In Book 6: Nightfall, the Neverseen betray him, torture him, and sedate him with a sedative they created called soporidine. Sophie and her friends eventually find a cure, but when Alvar awakens, he has no memory of who he is and the book ends with him asking the question, “Who's Alvar?”
- In Book 7: Flashback, Alvar is put on trial and sent back to Everglen. In the end, he regains his memories and betrays the Vackers again.
- In Book 8: Legacy Alvar is shown to be weak and close to death due to the orange liquid from the Troll Hives
- Alvar was also part of the Neverseen and was brainwashed in Flashback
- Fitz is the middle child of the Vacker family
- Fitz is Sophie's ex-boyfriend
- Fitz wants Sophie’s name on his Match Lists.
- Fitz is also a Telepath like his father.
- Fitz is also Sophie's Cognate.
- Fitz is very handsome and has attracted many girls around Foxfire.
- He is of age to fill out his matchmaking packet.
- Sophie has a crush on him, and he likes her back.
- Fitz is called "The Golden Boy" in the family and "Wonderboy" by Dex and Keefe.
- Fitz is called "Pretty Boy" by Ro, the ogre princess.
- He used to look up to his brother, Alvar, before he realized that Alvar joined the Neverseen long ago.
- He looks much like his father, Alden.
- He seems to not sleep much after two people he care about run off to join the Neverseen, them being his best friend, Keefe Sencen, and his older brother, Alvar.
- He struggles with the betrayal of his brother, and the gossip that followed.
- He is very protective of the people he loves.
- She is as beautiful as her mother, with many of her features, except she has the teal eyes of her dad and Fitz.
- She is a Vanisher, like her mother, Della.
- She is gorgeous and attracts lots of guys around Foxfire.
- She originally hated Sophie, but her father forced her to be nice to Sophie. She realized that Sophie is not as bad as she thought and they are now best friends.
- Starting from Nightfall, she now has scars on her across the side of her body from when she was thrown into a mirror by Vespera. She wore long sleeves to cover them up for a few weeks, but stopped by the middle of Flashback.
- Was the youngest elf to get her nexus off—five weeks before Fitz did, breaking his record.
- Had a crush on Keefe Sencen, and dared him to kiss her on the cheek but turned her head at the last second and Keefe caught a corner of her mouth.
- Gives her bodyguard Woltzer a very hard time, being a Vanisher
- Is a member of the nobility like the rest of her family and has to wear a cape.
- it is a theory that Biana and Dex like each other
- Orem Vacker is the most powerful Flasher.
- He puts on light shows when eclipses occur.
- He does not get along with Della, and possibly his mother, Luzia.
- Gave the Neverseen the DNA they needed to override Everglen’s security.
- Fallon Vacker is one of the three original Councillors.
- He is the nineteenth great-grandfather of Fitz, Biana, and Alvar.
- He is very secluded and rarely accepts visitors.
- He is an Ancient.
- Half-sibling of Luzia Vacker.
- A talented Flasher.
- Mother of Orem and half-sister of Fallon Vacker.
- Helped to build the disguises of the elf cities.
- Started her building with some of Vespera's ideas, but found her unsettling and never invited her to her own house.
- Luzia originally owned Everglen but gave it to Alden Vacker.
- Luzia is involved in a treasonous troll alliance. She houses the troll hives on her property.
- Luzia possibly turned in Vespera to cover up her involvement with the trolls.
- Luzia is the person who installed the gate around Everglen
- Has been a talented Emissary for centuries.
Crest[edit | edit source]
The Vacker family crest is described as a pair of gold diamond encrusted wings.