"Be a sponge by soaking up everything there is to be learnt."—Light and Bright
I am known Light and Bright, and you may call me either Candy, Light and Bright, Light & Bright, Light, Bright, or my real name [if you know it].
I am a girl who is very much into STEAMD, which stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math, and Design. I take part in several competitions for math and science throughout the year, and love to code and design in my free-time. I have also competed in robotics competitions, which have given me more-than-sufficient knowledge of computer programming languages, and the basics of hardware.
- Fun fact: I am currently working towards being a neuroscientist.
Besides the above, I also take Spanish in school, and have moderate knowledge of Hindi (I will not state the other language for privacy reasons). I also am a black belt in tae-kwon-do, so beware! :)
Apart from my active schedule, I love to be on FANDOM/wikia, because it appeals to my STEAMD endeavors as well as my love for having fun (I mean, who doesn't like to have fun?). I've been around here for almost a year now (including time not under this account), so feel free to contact me regarding any questions you may have!
Who is your favorite KotLC character?
Who do you ship?
As of now, I'm neutral.
What would you do if Stina snuck a gulon into your lunch?
Calmly raise my hands in the air and declare an intra-school war.
Which KotLC character would you want to be BFFs with?
My favorite pages
See that girl you just called fat? She is starving herself. You know that girl you just called ugly? She spends hours putting on make-up hoping people will like her. That boy you just tripped? He is abused enough at home. See that old man you made fun of cause of the ugly scars? He fought for our country. See that young boy you just made fun of for always being sick? He has to walk home in the snow cause his family is too poor. That guy you just made fun of for crying? His mother is dying.
Re-Post this if you are against bullying. I bet many of you won't. Your life is probably not as harsh as theirs, or you're just too lazy. Take it as a challenge. You'd be surprised how many people this affects, positively and negatively. A few clicks of your mouse may just save a life, or bring a smile.
This user is a member of the Miraculous Ladybug Club!
Save The Planet
Protecting the environment is crucial. Many scientists believe our population has only a year and a half to conserve our resources and protect our environment until we won't be able to save the planet. The damage will be irreversible and unstoppable. We need to cut down carbon emissions and improve our solar power capabilities because if we continue to burn fossil fuels and waste away our resources, we're going to destroy our planet. By the end of the century, the average air temperature will rise by almost 40 degrees Fahrenheit, about 30% of animals will become extinct very soon and we may all die. Luckily, many scientists have been researching ways to stop this common enemy of climate change. These are some ways that you can help at home:
- Talk to your family at home about this issue. Make sure that they know what's happening.
- Eat all of the food that you buy. The more food you throw away, the more wasteful it is. Also, it takes a lot of energy to prepare food. If you don't eat it, give it to someone who will. Don't throw your food away, kids!
- Turn off lights when you aren't using them, and don't turn on lights at all during the day! Natural light is better for your eyes and it doesn't take extra energy to use. Additionally, put your screens at the lowest brightness and low power mode at all times possible.
- Avoid single-use plastic. Buy a few reusable water bottles and refill those instead of acquiring individual single-use ones, and try to buy chips and things like that as party-sized to put in reusable bags for consumption instead of singles.
- If you must use a single-use plastic product, be sure to recycle. It may not seem like much to recycle one little piece of plastic or metal, but this means this object can be repurposed into other products and it can even conserve energy. Recycling even just one aluminum can conserve enough energy to power a TV. Check with your local recycling company to find out what they will accept for recycling.
- Unplug and turn off devices when you are not using them! Charging your electronics when they have full battery is pointless and it uses so much more electricity.
- If you use one side of a sheet of paper, don't recycle it afterward. Use it again - for lists, drawings, note-taking, etc. After you've gotten all possible use out of it, recycle it or compost it depending on the type of paper and how your community works. Just because recycling is environment-friendly doesn't mean it should be the immediate answer to everything.
Ways That Require More Effort
- Research climate change and talk to your community about it. Make sure that they know what's happening and how to stop it.
- Try to cut down on air conditioning and heating--those really affect Climate Change. Yes, it may make it harder for you, but would you rather take your short-lived comfort for the death of the Earth?
- Reduce your water use by taking short showers and turning of the water to soap your body/shampoo your hair, quickly washing your hands, only flush the toilet every few uses (at home), turn off the water while brushing your teeth... just try to cut down on water use in general. It takes a lot of energy for water to be cleaned and get to your home.
- If you live or happen to be less than two miles from your destination when not already in a car, bike, walk, or jog there instead of driving. It's beneficial for your health and body and it's better for the planet.
- Carpool or use public transportation instead of traveling alone in a car. You get to use the HOV (High Occupancy Vehicle) lanes which are usually less crowded as well as using fewer resources such as gas and also technically the materials used to build a personal car.
Ways That Require A Higher Budget
- Use LED light bulbs! They take much less energy than normal ones and could save your family hundreds of dollars in the long run.
Ways That Would Be Challenging For A Kid Or Teen To Execute
- Power your home with renewable energy. Choose a utility company certified by Green-E because they are scientists who are working to save the planet as well.
- Even though these cars may be more expensive, try to convince your parents to buy a hybrid or completely electric cars. These don't use gas, therefore cutting down on carbon emissions. Also, try to convince your parents to only buy a new or used car every 5-15 years. This saves a lot of personal emissions because making cars is environmentally expensive! Additionally, keep your car's tires fully pumped. This makes it so that there's less fuel needed to gain momentum.
Pages I have made (not in order) (If you are wondering why I can't count, it's because some of the pages I had made were deleted (I may bring back some of them))
1) Ollie Heks
4) Fade Fuel
32) Elvin History
34) Left Hemisphere
35) Right Hemisphere
37) Sophie and Jensi
38) Pallidrose Star
41) Greenleaf Elixir
43) Phoenix Sweat
44) Pooka Pus
45) Valkonian Star
47) Tam and Dex
55) Match Fail
56) Mount Everest
69) Linh's Murcat
76) The Plague
77) Jason Chan
Categories I have made (not in order)
Templates I have made (not in order)
lots of wiki ideas I am far too lazy to name. you'll probably find them all if you dig through the past few months of Eva's message wall.