| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details from the latest books.
A Technopath is an elf with the ability that allows one to naturally understand technology and the functioning of different parts of technology. Technopaths can create and understand gadgets easily. It is said that they can sense the mechanisms of an object and manipulate it as a result. It is also said that they have a "strange language" which they use to speak to gadgets. It's not really speaking to the gadgets, it's more of jargon that they use to name the parts they're using at the moment.
A Technopath naturally knows how to break into/hack technology and create technology much faster than usual elves/humans do.
Dex found out he was a technopath near the end of Book 1: Keeper of the Lost Cities. Over the period of the next four books, he has become an extremely skilled technopath. Some people have even said that he is one of the best technopaths they have ever seen. Mr. Forkle later confirms that he excels in the creative department of technopathy, rather than the traditional things.
Tinker is the Black Swan's technopath. She is extremely skilled, even more so than Dex Dizznee. Some of the things she's made include her pet projects and press on fingernails to hide Sophie Foster's enhancing ability.
- The Neverseen's Technopath
Examples Of Technopathy Edit
- Dex makes Sophie's human iPod solar-powered and is making it so the device is able to get a signal from the nearest human city from anywhere in the Lost Cities - which is very far away.
- When Sophie and Dex were in Paris during Book 1: Keeper of the Lost Cities, Dex "asks an ATM for money", the machine just gives him a couple thousand dollar bills. He hacked it before even knowing he was a technopath, which shows they are pretty powerful.
- In Flashback, when Sophie and Dex walk into Tinker's building they are met with robotic animals, for example, a clockwork rabbit that Dex examines. Tinker calls them her "pet projects".
- Dex makes Sophie crush-cuffs that hide her enhancing ability.
- Dex creates Sophie's Sucker Punch to make her punches stringer.
- Tinker gives Sophie an Ionic Booster to boost her left hand strength so that she could train after being injured in Flashback.