This article contains plot details from Unlocked.
Bramble is a game played by the elves in the Lost Cities. It's played with a triangle shaped ball and involves tackling, and there is a championship every three years. Grady Ruewen has an affinity for the sport, for he has "a couple hundred years' worth of jerseys" in his possession (according to Sophie).
Bramble is represented by a red triangle with two crossing gray lines on a background of blue.
- Although it is a popular sport among elves, it is rarely mentioned in the books.
- It is known that the Boy Who Disappeared (identity revealed in to be Alvar in Book 4: Neverseen ) was wearing a bramble jersey when Sophie saw him.
- When Keefe mentioned Bramble, he said, "Like, maybe a round of Tackle Bramble?" That was from Neverseen when Fitz was recovering from the getting impaled by a giant bug.
- In Nightfall, it is learned that Keefe took Fitz's favorite bramble jersey.
- Bramble might be a cross between rugby/football/basketball.
- It has been said that Biana is incredibly amazing at Tackle Bramble, and tackles Fitz and Keefe easily.
- Fitz usually wears a bramble jersey during his morning run.
- There is a one on one version of bramble.
- No time-outs.
- Abilities are allowed.
- Tackling is also allowed—but no knocking anyone into the lake! (That one’s for you, Biana!)
- Covering the ball in anything from Slurps and Burps is definitely cheating! (Looking at you, Keefe!)
- Pretending to be injured and then tackling someone who tries to help you is also cheating. (Another one for you, Keefe.)
- Losers owe the winners a dare.
- Winners get to eat all the mallowmelt in the kitchen. (And no, Keefe—I’m not scared. Get ready to lose!)