Sophie and Valin is the romantic/friendship pairing of Sophie Foster and Valin (last name unknown). Sophie and Valin met during Book One through one of Sophie's newly acquired friends, Jensi, and through a shared, forced dance in detention. However, Valin is not present in the rest of the series due to Sophie's work with the Black Swan and her mischievous adventures. Valin is known to have a shiny blob of drool on his mouth every time he sees Sophie.
- Salin (Sophie/Valin)
- SoValin (Sophie/Valin)
- Vophie (Valin/Sophie)
Sophie Foster and
- Valin is most likely to be one of the "drooly boys" that Sophie sat with on her first day at Foxfire.
- Keefe teases Sophie about Valin's crush on her, which he felt from his ability as an Empath.
- Keefe says Valin is the vice president of the Foster Fan Club.
- Sophie and Valin share a romantic dance during detention.
- Keefe bumps Valin's arm and uses his ability as Empath to tell Sophie that he is seriously crushing.
- Valin stares at Sophie throughout a whole detention in Lady Galvin's room.
- Valin gives Sophie a cute bracelet with heart charms for midterms. Along with a note saying that Valin enjoyed the dance and hoped for more dances to come.
- They both attend Foxfire Academy.
- They are both in the same Level in Foxfire.
- Valin has a crush on Sophie, while Sophie does not have a crush on Valin.
- Valin is associated with the Drooly Boys; Sophie is not.
- "'Dear Sophie, I really enjoyed our dance, and I hope we can do it again soon. Love, Valin.' ...'Who's Valin?'" -Keefe and Dex, Keeper of the Lost Cities.