Panakes are a Gnomish plant capable of aiding the healing of any ailment via their blossoms and petals. Panakes trees are created when a Gnome sacrifices themselves to create one by turning themselves into a panakes tree. Calla, who is a gnome, at the end of Neverseen, slowed herself down to transform herself into a panakes tree to save the Gnomes from the Ogre-created plague. Her panakes tree now stands on a hill at Havenfield.
In Legacy, Sophie begins sleeping beneath Calla's Panakes tree outside due to her feeling trapped and believing the walls of her bedroom were closing in on her. Calla's niece Flori sings to it, and Grady states that when she does the tree seems to bloom more vibrantly.
- The Panakes may be based on the alchemical idea of a Panacea, a medicine capable of curing anything.
- It shares this aspect with Alkahest, another aspect of alchemy.
- They have pretty colored blossoms that can change color; they are usually pink, purple, or blue hues.
- Sophie has a Panakes perfume given to her by Dex.
- The Panakes tree is in the background of one of Keefe's paintings.
- Keefe once painted Sophie a bead with a panakes blossom on it.
- The ogres destroyed every Panakes after invading and taking Serenvale.
- At first, Sophie thought the word Panakes was Pancakes.