This article contains plot details from the latest book.
|This is a page for those who may ship this. Rude or hurtful comments/edits will not be tolerated and will be monitored by admins. Positive reactions only; anything negative will be edited out, deleted, or reverted.|
Koralie is the friendship/romantic pairing of Councillor Kenric Elgar Fathdon and Councillor Oralie. They were two of the twelve Councillors, although Kenric is no longer part of it as he had died in the third book due to Everblaze, a powerful and deadly flame. After his death, he was replaced by Councillor Alina.
Due to the fact that they were both Councillors, neither of them were allowed to pursue a romantic relationship unless they both resigned.
- 1 Other Names
- 2 Moments
- 2.1 Book 1: Keeper of the Lost Cities
- 2.2 Keeper of the Lost Cities: Exile
- 2.3 Keeper of the Lost Cities: Everblaze
- 2.4 Keeper of the Lost Cities: Neverseen
- 2.5 Keeper of the Lost Cities: Lodestar
- 2.6 Keeper of the Lost Cities: Flashback
- 2.7 Keeper of the Lost Cities: Legacy
- 2.8 Keeper of the Lost Cities: Unlocked
- 3 Similarities and Differences
- 4 Trivia
Other Names[edit | edit source]
- Koralie (K/enric and Oralie)
- Ornric (Or/alie and Ke/nric)
- Kenalie (Ken/ric and Or/alie)
- Kenralie (Ken[r]/ic and O/[r]alie)
- Oralic (Oral[i]/e and Kenr/[i]c)
Moments[edit | edit source]
- In Everglen, Kenric scoots his chair "closer to Oralie's than he really needed to." (Page 58, paperback)
- Bronte is annoyed with "watching Kenric stare at Oralie." Sophie figures this out when she was reading his mind. (Page 61, paperback)
- Kenric and Oralie blush when Sophie announces what she hears. (see above)
- When Kenric agrees with Oralie on a council decision, Bronte responds sarcastically with, "Of course you do," and Sophie notes that Kenric did seem to favor Oralie over all the other Councillors. (Page 118, hardcover)
- Edaline mentions Councillor Kenric asking Councillor Oralie to dance, multiple times, during a party that Jolie Lucine Ruewen attended. (Page 163 hardcover)
- Kenric states that he is everyone's favorite Councillor, then changes that to second favorite and says "Empaths always win," implying Oralie.
- After Kenric tries to see in Fintan's broken mind, Oralie soothes his headache and he tells her that she "always makes everything better." They smile at each other, her hand touching his head, in full view of Alden, Tiergan, Sophie, Fitz, and Councillor Terik. (Page 291, hardcover)
- Oralie is the only Councillor sobbing when Kenric dies.
- Oralie gives Kenric's cache to Sophie (at Kenric's request) when Sophie runs away to join the Black Swan.
- When Fintan appears and shows everyone that he is alive, Oralie screams and has to be held back by other councillors so she won't run over to Fintan and harm him.
- Oralie mentions that Kenric underestimated Fintan.
- Oralie does not show her reaction to Gethen's remarks because "Kenric would've wanted her to stay strong."
- When Bronte mentions Kenric's death, Oralie's eyes turn glassy, implying that she's on the verge of crying. (pg. 176)
- (All moments below are pre-Keeper but mentioned in Unlocked) In the Forgotten Secret in Oralie's cache, Kenric says "I always say too much when I'm with you." to Oralie.
- Kenric also says "You've always had a flair for the dramatic, Ora. It's one of my favorite things about you." and teases Oralie about losing her train of thought twice the other other day when he wore a particular gray jerkin.
- Kenric says that he won't resign unless Oralie resigned with him.
- Kenric says that they are both in love and almost kisses her.
- When Oralie was ill, Kenric stayed by her side the whole night, then pretended that he had gone home when she fell asleep
- Kenric says he'll protect Oralie, despite Oralie not wanting his protection
Similarities and Differences[edit | edit source]
Similarities:[edit | edit source]
- They both agreed that Sophie should attend Foxfire.
- They are/were both Councillors.
- They both support Sophie.
- They both met Sophie to judge her entrance into Foxfire.
- They both attended the healing of Fintan.
- They have both been suspected to be one of Sophie's biological parents.
- They both know about Project Moonlark.
Differences:[edit | edit source]
- Oralie is an Empath, while Kenric was a Telepath.
- Kenric was outgoing, while Oralie is more shy and quiet.
- Kenric had red hair and his eyes are an unknown shade of blue with green flecks, while Oralie has blond hair and azure eyes.
- Kenric is presumably dead, while Oralie is alive.
- Oralie is Sophie's biological parent, while Kenric is most likely not.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- At one point in Neverseen, Sophie suspected Kenric was one of her biological parents, though Mr. Forkle denied it partially. Oralie could not be suspected then as she and Kenric know each other.
- Kenric's nickname for Oralie is Ora.