Mareliniana, Linhelliana, or Marellinhiana is the romantic /friendship polyamory pairing of Linh Hai Song, Marella Adene Redek, and Biana Amberly Vacker. In the books, they are portrayed as close friends, and could work well together as a triad.
Pairing Names[edit | edit source]
- Mareliniana (Mar/ella, Lin/h, B/iana)
- Linhelliana (Linh, Mar/ella, B/iana)
- Marellinhiana (Marel/lla, Linh, B/iana)
- biellinh (bi/ana, mar/ell/a, l/inh
Moments[edit | edit source]
- The three all went to Vespera's Nightfall together.
- Both Linh and Biana offer Marella support upon learning she manifested as a Pyrokinetic.
- When Sophie asks Marella if Linh has a crush on Keefe, Marella says, "No, but not for the reason you're thinking." The 'reason Sophie is thinking' could be that Fitz has a crush on Linh, while the actual reason could be that Linh likes girls and marella knows this.
Separate Moments[edit | edit source]
- When Linh first meets Biana in Neverseen she bows.
- Biana then compliments Linh's hair.
- Biana defends Linh in Nightfall by saying "Aw, Linh has awesome control."
- And then later, "And while Tam managed to force Keefe into a few of the research slots, he gave most of them to Linh, not wanting her spending too much time underwater-- no matter how many times Biana swore he was underestimating his sister."
- When they found Biana after she was pushed onto the mirrors in the Nightfall facility, Linh was the one to think of calling Livvy.
- In Unlocked Fitz says that Biana "likes silver-bangs," which could be referring to Linh.
- Mr. Forkle says that he wants Marella to train with a Hydrokinetic "'since there are stronger correlations between abilities that affect the elements.'"
- Tam asks why Marella doesn't want Linh to know about her pyrokinesis, and Marella says she doesn't care if Linh knows.
- "Linh worked with Marella, learning to control their abilities." As told to Sophie, Marella would start a flame, Linh would extinguish it, and Marella would turn the water to steam.
- Marella and Linh show up at Havenfield together with Maruca.
- When Sophie asks Marella if Linh has a crush on Keefe, Marella says, "No, but not for the reason you're thinking." The 'reason Sophie is thinking' could be that Fitz has a crush on Linh, while the actual reason could be that Linh likes girls, or that Linh has a crush on Marella.
- Marella tells Sophie that she thinks that Fintan is impressed with Linh during the time she went along with her to her pyrokinesis training.
- When the gang is about to go to Loamnore, Marella tells Linh, "If you're there, the Neverseen can use you to control Tam." Linh replies, "But if there's a fight, you're going to need me. You're going to need me (emphasizing Marella)". This is why Marella and Linh are originally excluded from the group that is heading for Loamnore.
- Marella and Linh go to Loamnore anyway with Keefe.
- Marella calls Biana "Princess Prettypants".
- Marella wants the details of Sophie's afternoon at Everglen with Biana.
- Marella defends Biana after Stina says abilities aren't as important as the elves make them out to be.
- After Dex says Marella cried when he asked her about Caprise, Biana feels guilty for not checking if Marella was okay sooner.
- Biana decides to fix her friendship with Marella.
- They went to both the fake Nightfall and the real one together.
- "'Why didn't you tell any of us?' Biana asked her. 'I know we don't hang out as much as we used to--' 'Uh, we never hang out,' Marella corrected. 'You all pretty much forgot I existed--until you realized my mom knew something about what happened to Cyrah. Then suddenly we were BFFs again.' 'That wasn't the only reason,' Biana argued."
- Biana asks Marella if it hurt when she manifested as a Pyrokinetic.
- Biana is concerned about whether or not she can hold Marella's hand.
- Biana sympathizes with Marella after she says her mum is having a rough day.
- Biana tells Marella she is there for her and places a hand on her arm.
- Marella regains control of her Pyrokinesis after Biana says this (see above).
- Biana reassures Marella she would help her break into Fintan's prison if she needed it.
Similarities[edit | edit source]
- They all are female elves.
- They all are members of the Black Swan.
- They are all part of the "Sophie Squad".
- They all attend Foxfire.
- They have all attended Exillium.
- They are all somewhat side-characters.
Differences[edit | edit source]
- Linh and Marella have element based abilities, but Biana does not.
- Linh has black hair, Marella has blond, and Biana has brown.
- Biana and Linh have brothers and Marella does not.
- Biana and Marella have good relationships with their parents, while Linh doesn't.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- All three have parts of their characterization that could be read with LGBTQ+ implications. Marella has to hide a part of herself for fear of rejection from society, Linh was kicked out by her parents, and Biana's interest in Keefe was written similarly to how many LGBTQ+ women force a crush on a boy to convince themselves they don't have feelings for girls.