This article contains plot details from the latest book.
Leaping Crystals are crystals that bend light in a certain place to allow the elves to light leap there. Some crystals (Temporary Leaping Crystals) can only be used once, while others can be used multiple times. In order to leap, they have three angles cut into them that converge, then collapse then the leap is done.
Types of Leaping Crystals
- Pale pink crystals: The Black Swan's Hideouts
- Purple crystals: Alluveterre
- Clear crystals: The Lost Cities:
- Cobalt Blue crystals: The Forbidden Cities
- Pale Yellow crystals: The Neutral territories
- Home crystals: Set to a designated location: a specific elf's residence - usually clear
- Purple gold white and blue swirled crystals: To a place for Councillors (The place with Sophie's crowns) or the Point of Purity
- Red Crystals: Gildingham and other Goblin-related locations
- Side note: Cyan crystals do NOT exist, the ‘cyan crystal’ on Sophie’s neck is actually a bottle of fade fuel (without limbium)