This article contains plot details from the latest book.
|This is a page for those who may ship this. Rude or hurtful comments/edits will not be tolerated and will be monitored by admins. Positive reactions only; anything negative will be edited out, deleted, or reverted.|
Keefe and Tam first meet in Neverseen and started off as rivals. Tam demanded to take a reading of everyone, and of the five, Keefe is the only one to refuse. Tam says that "the only people who refuse readings are those with darkness to hide" and it escalates from there, up until page 151 of Nightfall.
This doesn't mean that their rivalry is over, but their hateful passion seems to be decreasing and is possibly being replaced by friendship.
Paring Names[edit | edit source]
- Kam (K/eefe and T/am)
- Teefe (T/am and K/eefe)
- Songsen/Sensong (Song and Sen/cen)
- Tafe (Ta/m and Kee/fe)
- Hunkybangs (Lord /Hunkyhair and Bangs/ Boy)
- Shady McHunkyhair (Hunkyhair and Shady Mc/Silverbangs)
Moments[edit | edit source]
- "The only boy who didn't look impressed was Keefe—but that was probably because he was too busy glaring at Tam."
- After meeting him, Keefe made a spot-on impression of Tam with his mimicking.
- When Keefe questions the mental conversation Sophie and Tam are having about him, Tam makes a jab on the amount of time he takes to style his hair.
- Sophie thinks that neither Keefe nor Tam realizes how much they have in common, and if they'd get over themselves, they'd probably be "best friends".
- When Keefe and Sophie are holding hands, it says Tam was 'glaring through his silver-tipped bangs.'
- When Biana tells Keefe and Tam that they are the worst, Keefe says "We try," showing a growth in friendship.
- Both Keefe and Tam snicker at Dex while he is holding Sophie's hand.
- When Fitz points out that Keefe joined the enemy, Tam comforts him by disagreeing with Keefe’s statements of calling himself worthless. He continues by explaining how having a family like Keefe's (a mentally/verbally abusive one) messes with your head, as he would know, as he’s been in the same situation before.
- Tam tells Keefe that if he doesn't run off and join the Neverseen again, the two of them are cool. After this, the side of Keefe's mouth twists up, showing his surprise and amusement as he nods.
- Keefe thanks Tam for helping Sophie and Fitz.
- Keefe stays over at Tam and Linh's suite to find his hidden memories.
- While staying with Tam and Linh, Keefe tells Sophie he'll have Tam try to do the "shadowvapor-veil-lifting-thing" to see if it would brighten up some of the darker spots of his memory. Though, he admits that he'll most likely want to punch him in his bangs after about thirty seconds.
- At the end of Flashback, Keefe tries to convince Tam not to go over to the Neverseen and genuinely seems concerned for Tam. '"Please tell me you're not actually considering this," Keefe begged. "Don't do it," Keefe pleaded.' (Since Keefe has been in the same situation before.)
- Tam pleads with Sophie to hide Keefe because Lady Gisela told Tam to murder Keefe.
- Keefe calls Tam “Tammy Boy.”
- Tam is described as looking "heartbroken" upon locking eyes with Keefe and telling him that he has to stay away from him.
- Tam is near tears because of what he has to do to Keefe.
- Keefe gets Tam to smile by saying he'll always make fun of his bangs.
- Keefe tells Tam that he doesn't blame him.
- Tam attacks Lady Gisela, saying, "This one's for you, Keefe.
- Tam picks up Keefe because he is in a coma-like sleep, and swings him over his shoulder.
- In Tam’s short story he says, “Please don’t let Keefe be there.”
- Keefe is happy that Tam is back home.
- He praises Tam, saying the shade can be seriously powerful when he wants to be.
- Keefe denies that they are rivals, teasing Tam in the process.
- Keefe seems like he hates Glimmer a lot, which could mean that he is jealous (although this is a guess).
Similarities[edit | edit source]
- Both have abusive parents.
- Both are insecure.
- Both are incredibly rebellious.
- Both happen to use hair as a rebellious act.
- Both are snarky.
- Both have family issues.
- Both are elves.
- Both are male.
- Both are described as extremely handsome.
- Both enjoy making fun of the situations others are in.
- Both are very talented.
- Both have been to Exillium at one point.
- Both are friends with Sophie Foster.
- Both go to Foxfire.
- Both dislike/hate their parents.
- Both like to pull pranks.
- Both have been/are with the Neverseen.
- They both, to quote Keefe, are "Troublemakers with Daddy issues."
- Both have fathers who support the Council.
- Both had a chance to leave the Neverseen, but didn't until later.
- Both are incredibly intelligent, brave, perceptive, compassionate, and loyal.
Differences[edit | edit source]
- Tam is a twin while Keefe is an only child.
- Keefe has wavy blond hair while Tam has straight black hair.
- Keefe is an Empath and a Polyglot, while Tam is a Shade.
- Keefe's mother is in the Neverseen, while Tam's is a Council supporter.
- Tam has bangs whereas Keefe likes intentionally messy hair.
- Tam has blue eyes with silver flecks while Keefe has ice blue eyes.
- Tam was in the Ambi Hemisphere in Exillium, while Keefe was in the Right Hemisphere.
- When Tam returned from the Neverseen he is described as 'different' whereas when Keefe came back he was still fairly himself.
- While in the Neverseen, Tam was mind-controlled while Keefe had near full range.
- Tam is more of an introvert, while Keefe is more of an extrovert.
- Keefe uses more hair products than Tam does.
- Keefe has multiple abilities, while Tam has one.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
“'...I thought the fact that my mom had built something she called my 'legacy' meant that I was valuable enough to the Neverseen that they'd bring me in on all their plans and I could find a way to stop them. But it turns out I'm worthless.'
'No you're not.'
Surprisingly, the words came from Tam.
'Having a family like yours messes with your head,' he added, tugging at his bangs over his eyes. 'I know how that goes. You still made a bad call--or lots of bad calls, actually. But...if you don't do it again, we're cool.'”