In Chapter 71 of Nightfall, Keefe gives Sophie two paintings as a gift (done by himself) because he notices she doesn't have many personal items in her room. The first painting is a picture of Edaline, Sophie, and Grady together, with Jolie's Wanderling in the background, looking like a true family.
The second painting is of the main characters standing in front of Calla's Panakes tree at Havenfield. Although the tree is depicted as pink in one of Shannon Messenger's illustrations, in this the tree is a purple-blue because it can change colors. From left to right, it goes Dex, Biana, Fitz, Sophie, Keefe, Tam, Linh, and Wylie. In the chapter, it is stated that Keefe paints the way he interprets them, and it acts as an explanation for why he is painted next to Sophie.
These two portraits were done by and credited to Laura Hollingsworth (who also drew most of the other official portraits).
Painting 1 Edit
Note: Keefe paints it in the way he interprets it.
- The three of them may be at Jolie's Wanderling.
- Edaline and Grady no longer have dark circles around their eyes; however, Sophie's are slightly dark.
- Edaline's arms may be around Sophie.
Painting 2 Edit
Note: Keefe paints it the way he interprets it.
- Fitz, Keefe, and Sophie are in hero poses.
- Linh looks a little nervous and shy.
- Biana is the most dressed up.
- Fitz's hair is neat and gelled while Keefe's is messy, as he likes it.
- Keefe paints himself next to Sophie, directly in the center.
- Wylie looks confident.
- Tam looks a little angry and wary.
Possible Pairings of Painting 2 Edit
- Left to right: Dex and Biana, Fitz and Sophie, Keefe and Tam, Linh and Wylie
- Clothing patterns 1: Biana and Linh, Wylie and Tam, Sophie and Keefe, Dex and Fitz
- Clothing patterns 2: Tam and Biana, Linh and Wylie, Sophie and Dex/Fitz/Keefe
- Hand position: Linh and Wylie, Tam and Biana, Dex and Fitz, Sophie and Keefe