This article contains plot details from the latest book.
Kenric was a Telepath on the council, like Councillor Emery. He was romantically interested in Councillor Oralie, but unfortunately, Councillors are not allowed to have a spouse or children. Like Bronte, he often walked around Mysterium with the working class. In Book 3: Everblaze, during the healing of Fintan's mind by Sophie, Fintan called down Everblaze and burned much of Eternalia. Kenric saved Sophie, Fitz, Tiergan, Alden, Terik, and Oralie from the fire only to be killed himself. His tree in the Wandering Woods has red leaves the color of his hair. In Book 4: Neverseen, Oralie gives Sophie Kenric's cache. Sophie suspected that Kenric was her biological father, which was denied by Mr. Forkle in Book 5: Lodestar. In Book 8.5: Unlocked, they open Oralie's cache, revealing a memory Kenric had washed. Sophie learns that he was one of the best Washers, that it was often his job to wash the minds of the other Washers. They also learn that Kenric was in two memories Oralie can't remember. When Kenric went to interrogate Fintan with Oralie about Stellarlune and when Oralie woke up in her room with Kenric and an another person she can't remember. Kenric also knew about Oralie's involvement with Project Moonlark, and stayed on the Council to help support Oralie. He also slips and mentions something called Elysian, a new concept introduced in Unlocked.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Kenric was built like a football player, had wild red hair, and a large toothy smile. He was also very friendly and one of the most optimistic Councillors. Sophie has said that Kenric also has broad shoulders, and a warm smile.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Kenric and Oralie were close friends, and Kenric was shown to been in love with Oralie throughout the series. He even tried to persuade Oralie to step down from being a Councillor to marry him, as Councillors are not allowed to have romantic relationships. However, Oralie refused, partly so that Sophie would have allies on the council.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In an interview that came out shortly after the release of Book 5, Shannon Messenger implied that Kenric is dead.
- The password to Oralie's cache is Kenric's last name, Fathdon.
- His nickname for Oralie was Ora.
- Kenric presumably could not tell Sophie of Oralie's secret as he loved her and would not tell what was her's to say.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "He believed in you," Oralie said, tracing a soft finger down Sophie's cheek. "He told me you were the spark of change our world needed." - Oralie talking about Kenric to Sophie, in Neverseen
- "You two certainly know how to give someone a heart attack," Kenric said, laughing as he nudged Alden. "And I'm pretty sure you made this guys squeal." - Kenric, in Everblaze