Caprise Redek is Marella Redek's mother. She fell from a high balcony (many suspect the cause was drinking too much fizzleberry wine) Pre-Keeper, and received brain damage. As a result, her emotions run rampant, and while she takes elixirs to help herself control them, they aren't always effective. This event happened back when Marella was a toddler. In Neverseen, Mr. Forkle as Sir Astin mentions that her mother had started feeling better a few months before the council talked about the plague, which takes place around the same day Biana manifested. It had ended up being a misunderstanding though. She was a witness to Cyrah's appearance at Mysterium before her light leaping "accident." Her name means impulsive change of mind.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Not much is known about her physical appearance other than the fact that she has the same unruly hair as her daughter.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Relationships[edit | edit source]
- MARELLA (daughter)- Marella really has a difficult time with her mother's state, and is affected emotionally because of this. Her mother supported her when she manifested, and may be a contributing factor to her personality where she gossips about everyone but herself.
- Durand Redek (husband)- Loving to Caprise and very supportive of Marella when she manifested.
- MR. FORKLE (acquaintance)- Caprise Redek met some form of Mr. Forkle, in which she had laughed, cried, and had many other forms of emotions in one conversation.
- Elwin (acquaintance/physician)- Elwin tried to make some medicine/elixirs that would heal her, but his medicines only helped a little bit.
History[edit | edit source]
Pre-Keeper[edit | edit source]
Caprise fell off a balcony, which many believe was caused by drinking too much fizzleberry wine, around the time Marella was a toddler. She was a witness to Cyrah's visit to Mysterium before her murder, where she had taken into her possession a starstone that led to Lady Gisela and Lord Cassius' s room. Mr. Forkle had interviewed the witnesses on a day in which Caprise had been struggling greatly. During this time she repeatedly mumbled that Cyrah should've been more careful.
Unknown to Sophie and the readers of the book, around the time Biana manifested, Caprise had apparently appeared to have gotten better. This is revealed in Neverseen. It turned out to be a misunderstanding.
According to Marella, Caprise will not leave the house, which Marella suspects is her reaction to the terrible things the Neverseen is doing. Marella doesn't want to freak out her mom by talking about Cyrah, as her mom is already very stressed and her condition has gotten quite bad. On a later date where her mom is feeling much better, and having a pretty good day, she questioned her about Cyrah, asking why she had claimed Cyrah should've been more careful, she responded that Cyrah was messing with things she didn't understand before walking out. She returned with a starstone, giving it to Marella after she promised not to use it, saying that she had found it in Cyrah's stall. Caprise had continued to have another fairly good day afterward.
After Marella manifests, Caprise is shown to be very supportive, sticking by her side all day. When deciding where to move Alvar, Caprise's home was ruled out as Marella believed his injuries would freak her out.
Other information[edit | edit source]
- Marella (Caprise's daughter) wished to manifest as an Empath so she can help her mother with her emotions. She manifested as a Pyrokinetic in Nightfall, so this is very unlikely to happen now because most elves with an exception of Sophie Foster, and polyglots, elves usually don't manifest more than one ability.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
“And I get to meet the new recruit–a Redek, no less. I'm assuming your mother doesn't know about this new hobby, given how much she sacrificed to keep you away.”