Butterblasts are an Elvin treat, described to be round, golden pastries topped with giant sugar crystals. They are said to look chewy, like doughnuts, but taste like pancakes hot off the griddle; they are filled with thick, maple-y cream.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Mix all ingredients together except maple syrup, until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Pour maple syrup in the center of the pancake before flipping over.