|This article is about the ninth KOTLC book. You may be looking for Book 8.5: Unlocked.|
On May 22nd, 2018, Shannon Messenger announced that there will be a ninth book in the Keeper of the Lost Cities series. It is scheduled to be released in November of 2021. The previous book is Book 8.5, Unlocked, which will be released in November 2020. It will most likely include a Short Story, as the past four books (Book 6: Nightfall, Book 7: Flashback, Book 8: Legacy, and Book 8.5: Unlocked) have.
What We Know
- New art will release with the coming of this book.
- Most of the questions we have will be resolved.
- This may be the last book of the series. If Shannon Messenger does not have room/time to finish the story, there will be a tenth book.
- Book 9 will come out in fall 2021.
- There might be a 10th book.
|About the Series|