It will most likely include a Short Story, as three past books (Nightfall, Flashback, and Legacy) have, but a Short Story has yet to be confirmed. Shannon somewhat confirms in an interview that both of Sophie's biological parents would be revealed by the tenth book.
- New art will be released with the coming of this book.
- Shannon Messenger's contract only lasts until book 9, but she can always renew it, so this may not be the last book in the series.
- Shannon hinted in an interview that she didn't think she'd be able to wrap up the series in only one more book, so there most likely will be a Book 10, although no official contract had been drawn up. So, it looks like book 10 might be the last book in the series. 
- Book 9 will come out in Fall 2022. 
- Jason Chan will be creating the cover art, as he has in the previous books.
- Karin Paprocki will be designing the cover, as she has in previous books.
- This book is taking Shannon Messenger longer to write than the other books, since she now has a baby to take care of. 
- The title of the book will most likely come out sometime in early 2022