On May 22nd, 2018, Shannon Messenger announced that there will be a ninth book in the Keeper of the Lost Cities series. It is scheduled to be released in the fall of 2020. The previous book is Legacy, which was released on November 5, 2019. It will most likely include a Short Story as the past three books (Book 6: Nightfall, Book 7: Flashback and Book 8: Legacy) have.
What we know
- The cliffhanger from Legacy will be resolved.
- New art will be released with the coming of this book.
- Most, if not all, of the questions we have will be resolved.
- In the beginning, Keefe will be in a coma as it left off in Legacy.
- This may be the last book of the series. However, if Shannon Messenger has room/time to finish the story, there will be a tenth book.