On May 22nd, 2018, Shannon Messenger announced that there will be a ninth book in the Keeper of the Lost Cities series. It is scheduled to release in November of 2021. The previous book is Book 8.5, Unlocked, which will release on November 17, 2020. It will most likely include a Short Story, as the past three books (Book 6: Nightfall, Book 7: Flashback and Book 8: Legacy) have.
What We Know
- The cliffhanger from Legacy will be resolved before Book 9 comes out in book 8.5
- New art will release with the coming of this book.
- Most of the questions we have will be resolved.
- This may be the last book of the series. If Shannon Messenger does not have room/time to finish the story, there will be a tenth book.
- Book 8.5 will come out in November 2020, and it will be a special story picking up right after Legacy left off. After it, the series will continue to book 9
- Since Book 8.5: Unlocked will be coming out this year, book 9 will come out in fall 2021