|This article is about the unreleased ninth KOTLC book. You may be looking for Book 8.5: Unlocked.|
On May 22nd, 2020, Shannon Messenger announced that there will be a ninth book in the Keeper of the Lost Cities series. It has been scheduled to release in November of 2021. The previous book is Unlocked, which was recently released on November 17, 2020. It will most probably include a Short Story, as the past three books (Nightfall, Flashback, and Legacy) have, but a Short Story has not been confirmed.
What We Know[edit | edit source]
- New art will release with the coming of this book.
- Most of the big questions we have will be resolved.
- Shannon Messenger's contract only lasts until book 9, but she can always renew it, so there is a likely chance this will not be the last book in the series.
- Shannon Messenger hinted in an interview that she didn't think she'd be able to wrap up the series in only one more book, so there would probably be a Book 10, although no official contract had been drawn up.
- Book 9 will come out sometime in November 2021.
- Jason Chan will be creating the cover art, as he has in the previous books.
|About the Series|