- Keeper of the Lost Cities: Unlocked is book 8.5 in the Keeper of the Lost Cities series. It was announced by Shannon Messenger on February 19, 2020. The previous book is Legacy, which was released on November 5, 2019.
- About the book
- Unlocked is scheduled to be released on November 17, 2020 (USA)
- Unlocked will be told from both Keefe and Sophie's perspectives.
- Unlocked will pick up right where Legacy left off.
- A preview of Unlocked will be released with the paperback version of Legacy on October 13, 2020 (USA)
- It is confirmed that Iggy will be the color 'mermaid' with stripes
- On her website, it is stated that new powers will be discovered within the book. It is unknown who these powers belong to.
“...chapters alternate between Sophie and Keefe’s perspectives to give readers deeper insights into both beloved characters. New powers will be discovered. Hard truths from the past will come to light. And all of your favorite characters will find themselves tested in ways they never imagined.”
—Amazon, in Book 8.5: Unlocked
Besides the story, several other things will be released in this book, including:
- Full-color art
- Black-and-white illustrations
- Keeper of the Lost Cities recipes
- An official map of the Lost Cities
- A series guide about the characters and world (including never before revealed details)
Stay updated on events and possibly the release of the cover art on Shannon Messenger's website, https://shannonmessenger.com
She also posts on Instagram and Twitter.
You can Google Shannon Messenger's instagram and be able to view all her posts to a certain extent.
ATTENTIONIt is unknown whether or not coronavirus (Covid-19) will affect the release date. Authors work from home, so this likely will not be an issue, but there is a chance that the release date may not be accurate.