- Unlocked is currently scheduled to be released on November 17th, 2020 (USA).
- Shannon Messenger finished writing Unlocked on September 12.
- She began the signing on September 13th.
- Unlocked will be told from both Keefe and Sophie's perspectives, which has never been done before in the series.
- Unlocked will pick up right where Legacy left off.
- A preview of Unlocked will be released with the paperback version of Legacy on October 13, 2020 (In the USA)
- It is confirmed that Iggy will be mermaid color with stripes, which won in a vote. Iggy will be more colors and patterns than just that.
- On Shannon Messenger's website, it is said that new powers will be discovered within the book. It is unknown who these powers belong to, though it is most likely Keefe.
Cover EditJason Chan. This is the first time that Sophie has been the sole Elvin character on the cover: Keeper of the Lost Cities had Dex, Exile had Keefe, Everblaze had Fitz, Neverseen had Biana and Keefe, Lodestar had Fitz and Tam, Nightfall had Keefe and Linh, Flashback had Tam and Wylie, and Legacy had Keefe and Fitz. Shannon Messenger states that the reason for this is because "Unlocked" is both a continuation of the main story from Legacy and a super-fun series guide. Though it is unclear why the author did not make this book at the end of the series."Another thing to note would be that Sophie is a bit younger than how she looks on the covers of Flashback and Legacy. According to Shannon Messenger's post, it is to symbolize her entire journey.
In this extra-special installment of the Keeper of the Lost Cities series, the story picks up right from Legacy’s devastating cliffhanger. But chapters alternate between Sophie and Keefe’s perspectives to give readers deeper insights into both beloved characters. New powers will be discovered. Hard truths from the past will come to light. And all of your favorite characters will find themselves tested in ways they never imagined.
And that’s not all!
Unlocked also includes a comprehensive guide to the world of the Lost Cities, featuring new characters and world details that have never been revealed before—plus fun bonuses like Keeper-themed recipes, a detailed map of the Lost Cities, gorgeous full-color illustrations, and so much more!!
(As written on Shannon Messenger's website)
(The following excerpt was released on October 2, 2020, on Shannon Messenger's Instagram)
Oralie leaned closer, her breath clouding the crystal as she whispered, "Fathdon."
Sophie realized that was Councillor Kenric's last name the same moment the cache flared glaringly bright and she found herself squinting right at him- or rather, squinting at a small projection of him that was hovering above the glowing orb like a tiny Kenric apparition. A projection of Oralie stood facing him, both of them silhouetted in moonlight, wearing long silver capes with hoods covering their circlets.
"I knew Kenric would be a part of this," the real Oralie murmured. "He always insisted on being involved in everything I did."
"But he doesn't look happy about it," Sophie noted.
The full chapter 1 can be seen at
Besides the story, several other things will be released in this book, including:
- Full-color art
- There will be a series of full-color illustrations based on scenes from the previous Keeper of the Lost Cities books (one from each book)
- The art representing Exile will be a full-color illustration of Sophie and Keefe flying the alicorn, Silveny, to the Black Swan's cave hideout. This will will be in the form of a pullout poster.
- Black-and-white illustrations
- Keeper of the Lost Cities recipes - which can be also found on her website
- An official map of the Lost Cities
- A series guide about the characters and world (including never before revealed details)
- The inside cover of the book will feature an illustration drawn by Shannon Messenger.
|About the Series|