|This is a page for those who may ship this. Rude or hurtful comments/edits will not be tolerated and will be monitored by admins. Positive reactions only; anything negative will be edited out, deleted, or reverted.|
This article contains plot details from the latest book.
Tiana or Bam (the former being more widely used) is the romantic/platonic pairing of Biana Amberly Vacker and Tam Dai Song. The book Neverseen implies that Tam finds Biana attractive when he tells Keefe that he won't join the Sophie Foster fan club and then looks straight at Biana. Once, In Lodestar, Linh even stated that Tam "likes brunettes," and Biana one of the only brunette in the group. In Unlocked, it is stated by Fitz that Biana “is a fan of silver bangs”; in response, she blushes and doesn't deny it. Sophie thinks that Biana could have blushed because she was either irritated by Fitz or because it was true. Sophie states that it could be both.
- 1 Pairing Names:
- 2 Moments
- 3 Similarities and Differences
- 4 References
- Tiana (T/am and B/iana)
- Bam (B/iana and T/am)
- Tana (Ta/m and Bi/ana)
- Tambi (Tam and Bi/ana)
- Tamiana (Tam and B/iana)
- Biam ( Bi/ana and T/am)
- Bianam ( Bian/a and T/am )
- Bitam (Bi/ana and Tam)
- Taiana (Ta/m and B/iana)
- Biantam (Bian/a and Tam)
- When Tam reveals Linh, Biana says "Wow, that's like an anti-vanish," impressed with his ability.
- Keefe tells Tam that he is the president of the Sophie Foster Fan Club and that it's closed to new members. Tam assures him that he is not interested in Sophie and glances at Biana, blushing. (Pg. 474)
- When Sophie and Fitz (with their bodyguards) go to search Prentice's memories, Tam and Linh are there. Fitz says that Biana will be very jealous of him getting to see Tam. This implies that Biana wants to be with Tam, so she might possibly like him. Sophie might have thought Biana wants to get closer to Tam (confessing her feelings if she really likes Tam)
- When Biana, Dex, Sophie, Fitz, and Mr. Forkle go to Alluveterre to check on Wylie, Tam is there. Biana says that she hasn’t seen Tam in a while and isn't as upset about not being able to go with the rest of the group, earning her a shy smile from Tam. (Pg. 283 - 284)
- When Marella is checking out Tam, Linh says Tam likes brunettes and would not be interested in Marella. This indicates that Tam might like Biana, as she is the only brunette in the group.
- Biana and Tam work together in the Silver Tower to find out the truth behind the Neverseen's symbol.
- When Biana and Tam are explaining how the Cimmerian gives the Neverseen access to the Silver Tower, Biana praises Tam and his ability as a Shade and how talented and impressive he was. Tam seems embarrassed and pleased as a result. 
- Biana tells Tam that he and Linh should come to Foxfire so they can hang out more.
- Biana and Tam spent a day looking around Candleshade together.
- Biana says that she isn't protective of her brother but she doesn't like when people become her friend just to get to him. She says Linh probably knows how it feels because of Tam.
- Tam and Linh's mother painted a portrait of both Tam and Linh, but without the silver in their hair. Biana painted the silver on, and after she did that, although it was far from perfect, Tam said it was the best thing he had seen in a long time.
- When Keefe shows up, Biana agrees with Tam even though she didn't know what happened.
- Before the group goes to Nightfall, when Fitz speculates where Linh is, continuing on their current conversation, Biana adds, “And Tam?”
- Tam comforts Biana when she questions what it really means to be a Vacker.
- When they found Biana in a pool of her own blood, Biana says that no one could have gone with her but Tam argues and says that he could have . This may imply that Tam wants to protect Biana
- Tam says that he is sure Biana will let him/them into Everglen to search the house (Pg. 123)
- Instead of attacking Linh, Umber attacks Biana to try and get Tam to use his power.
- Umber attacks Biana instead of Linh to provoke Tam,implying that Tam is protective of Biana.(Pg.760)
- When Umber attacks Biana with a shadowflux arrow, Tam dispels it immediately with a "snarl," suggesting he's angry at Umber for targeting Biana. (Pg. 760)
- When Fitz argues with Biana about Alvar, Biana leans on Tam for support. (Pg. 764)
- In Loamnore, when Biana's group comes back from the main marketplace and Sophie tells them that Tam would explain everything, Biana says "Tam?" before anyone else.
- Biana stands up for Tam when Stina questioned if Tam was good.
- While traveling to where Glimmer stays, Fitz teases Biana by saying, she is "dying to see Tam" and that she is "a fan of silver bangs". Biana blushes and replies with "Really, Fitz? You want to talk about crushes? Because you..." (Hinting that Biana might have a crush on Tam) However, is unknown whether this means Biana likes Tam or if she is just irritated at Fitz's teasing. Sophie also states it could possibly be both.
- Biana was bitter towards Glimmer and it could possibly be because she was jealous of Glimmer and Tam.
Similarities and Differences
- They have both attended Exillium before, although the reasons are different, and Tam had been in Exillium for most of his life due to his sister, Linh, being banished from the Lost Cities.
- They have both gone through tough times with their parents. Biana in Flashback when Alvar is moving back and Tam all the time.
- They both have at least one sibling.
- They both became official members of the Black Swan in the later books.
- They both have an ability that can keep other elves from seeing them.
- They both have blue eyes and dark hair.
- They both are friends with Sophie.
- They both live in the Lost Cities (as of Lodestar).
- They have both passed the Foxfire entry exam.
- They both went to Foxfire’s Exillium training.
- They are both perceptive and hardworking.
- They both have not registered for Matchmaking
- They are both elves.
- They have both been to at least one Forbidden City.
- Both their parents are part of the Nobility.
- Biana is a Vanisher while Tam is a Shade.
- Tam has silvery blue eyes, while Biana has teal eyes.
- Biana has brown hair, while Tam has jet black hair with silver tips (from dipping them in his molten registry pendant)
- Biana is close to her parents while Tam is on tense terms with them after his sister was banished.
- Tam has a twin sister, while Biana has two older brothers.
- Biana has two siblings, while Tam has only one.
- Biana had a family member who had joined the Neverseen while Tam doesn't.
- Tam is a male, while Biana is a female.
- Biana is 15, while Tam is 16.
- Biana is in the Left hemisphere, while Tam is in the Ambi Hemisphere.
- Tam lives in Solreef, while Biana lives in Everglen.
- Biana visited Exile while Tam did not.