This article contains plot details from the latest book.
|This is a page for those who may ship this. Rude or hurtful comments/edits will not be tolerated and will be monitored by admins. Positive reactions only; anything negative will be edited out, deleted, or reverted.|
Tiana or Bam is the romantic/friendship pairing of Biana Vacker and Tam Song. The book Neverseen implies that Tam finds Biana attractive when he tells Keefe that he won't join the Sophie Foster fan club and then glances at Biana. Once, Linh even stated that Tam "likes brunettes," and Biana is the only brunette in the group (brunette refers to a female with brown hair).
- 1 Pairing Names
- 2 Moments
- 3 Similarities and Differences
- 4 Trivia
- 5 References
Pairing Names[edit | edit source]
- Tiana (T/am and B/iana)
- Bam (B/iana and T/am)
- Tana (Ta/m and Bi/ana)
- Tambi (Tam and Bi/ana)
- Tamiana (Tam and B/iana)
- Biam ( Bi/ana and T/am)
- Bianam ( Bian/a and T/am )
Moments[edit | edit source]
- Keefe tells Tam that he is the president of the Sophie Foster Fan Club and that it's closed to new members. Tam assures him that he is not interested in Sophie and glances at Biana, blushing. (Pg. 474)
- When Biana, Dex, Sophie, Fitz, and Mr. Forkle go to Alluveterre to check on Wylie, Tam is there. Biana says that she hasn’t seen Tam in a while and isn't as upset about not being able to go with the rest of the group, earning her a shy smile from Tam. (Pg. 283 - 284)
- Biana seems a little worried when Marella flirts with Tam, and she tries to prod him into talking about what he thought about being checked out and flirted with by Marella. This could be due to jealousy, or curiousity to find out whether Tam is interested in her.
- When Marella is checking out Tam, Linh says Tam likes brunettes and would not be interested in Marella, and he stole a glance at Biana. This indicates that Tam might like Biana, and paired with the previous hints, it seems likely.
- Biana and Tam work together in the Silver Tower to find out the truth behind the Neverseen's symbol.
- When Biana and Tam are explaining how the Cimmerian gives the Neverseen access to the Silver Tower, Biana praises Tam and his ability as a Shade and how talented and impressive he was. Tam is embarrassed as a result. 
- Biana tells Tam that he and Linh should come to Foxfire so they can hang out more.
- Biana and Tam spent a day looking around Candleshade together.
- Biana says that she isn't protective of her brother but she doesn't like when people become her friend just to get to him. She says Linh probably knows how it feels because of Tam.
- Tam and Linh's mother painted a portrait of both Tam and Linh, but without the silver in their hair. Biana painted the silver on, and after she did that, although it was far from perfect, Tam said it was the best thing he had seen in a long time.
- When Keefe shows up, Biana agrees with Tam even though she didn't know what happened.
- Biana wanted Tam to take off his shirt.
- Before the group goes to Nightfall, when Fitz speculates where Linh is, continuing on their current conversation, Biana adds, “And Tam?”
- Tam comforts Biana when she questions what it really means to be a Vacker.
- Tam says that he's sure Biana will let him/them into Everglen to search the house (Pg. 123)
- Instead of attacking Linh, Umber attacks Biana to try and get Tam to use his power.
- When Umber attacks Biana with a shadowflux arrow, Tam dispels it immediately with a "snarl," suggesting he's angry at Umber for targeting Biana. (Pg. 760)
- When Fitz argues with Biana about Alvar, Biana leans on Tam for support. (Pg. 764)
- In Loamnore, when Biana's group comes back from the main marketplace and Sophie tells them that Tam would explain everything, Biana says "Tam?" before anyone else.
- Biana stands up for Tam when Stina questioned if Tam was good.
- Biana says she should probably get a Happy Shadow Thoughts shirt for when Tam returns.
Similarities and Differences[edit | edit source]
Similarities:[edit | edit source]
- They have both attended Exillium.
- They have both gone through tough times with their parents. Biana in Flashback when Alvar is moving back and Tam all the time.
- They both have at least one sibling.
- They both became official members of the Black Swan in the later books.
- They both have an ability that can keep other elves from seeing them.
- They both have blue eyes and dark hair.
- They both are friends with Sophie.
- They both live in the Lost Cities (as of Lodestar).
- They have both passed the Foxfire entry exam.
- They both went to Foxfire’s Exillium training.
- Both their families are part of the nobility
Differences:[edit | edit source]
- Biana is a Vanisher while Tam is a Shade.
- Tam has silvery blue eyes, while Biana has teal eyes.
- Biana has brown hair, while Tam has jet black hair with silver tips (from dipping them in his molten registry pendant)
- Biana is close to her parents while Tam is on tense terms with them after his sister is banished.
- Tam has a twin sister, while Biana has two older brothers.
- Biana has two siblings, while Tam has only one.
- Biana had a family member who had joined the Neverseen while Tam doesn't
- Tam is a boy, while Biana is a girl
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Their ship names are commonly used to make a fun little sentence: Bam! It's Tiana!