|This is a page for those who may ship this. Rude or hurtful comments/edits will not be tolerated and will be monitored by admins. Positive reactions only; anything negative will be edited out, deleted, or reverted.|
“Sophie studied Dex a second longer and was about to reach for his hand—but Biana beat her to it, making Dex jump a little as their fingers twined together.”
—Narrator, in Legacy
Diana/Bex is the romantic/friendship pairing of Biana Vacker and Dexter Dizznee. At first, Dex dislikes the entire Vacker family, and only completely comes to accept them in Neverseen, when he apologizes. They currently remain friends, with no confirmed romantic interest from either Biana or Dex.
Both have shown stronger romantic feelings for other characters, Biana for Keefe and Dex for Sophie, until later books when moments between the pairs become less frequent. It had also been hinted that the feelings between Tam and Biana might be canon, possibly leading to another love triangle between the three. As of Legacy, the two have shown stronger feelings for each other that could possibly hint at a future relationship.
- Diana (D/ex and B/iana)
- Dexiana (Dex/ter and B/iana)
- Bex (B/iana and D/ex)
- Bianex (Bian/a and D/ex)
- Deana (De/x and Bi/ana)
- Vackizznee (Vacker/ Dizznee) (dubbed by Biana in Lodestar)
- Dizznacker (Dizznee/Vacker) (dubbed by Biana in Lodestar)
- As a way to comfort Sophie, Dex states that Biana is probably jealous of Sophie because she is no longer the prettiest girl in school. This means that Dex thought of Biana as the prettiest girl in school before meeting Sophie, even though it might also mean that Dex thinks Sophie is the prettiest, no matter what.
- Fitz, Keefe, and Biana visit Sophie after her ability restrictor is on, and Keefe and Fitz want to kick Dex in his special place. Biana stays silent.
- Biana and Dex hang out in the boys' treehouse and don't seem very uncomfortable about it, unlike with Dex and Fitz.
- They become better friends.
- Biana joins Dex on his hunt for stones for the Twiggler. (Pg. 408)
- Biana tells Dex she isn't going to ever take off the panic switch ring he gave her as a gift he made being a technopath. (Pg. 12)
- Biana is introduced to Dex's family when she arrives at their home for a sleepover, and at first, Kesler is skeptical, but later questions his false opinion of Biana when she is excited to see Sophie's Imp, Iggy. Later, Juline seems to like Biana when she comes to sleepover at Rimeshire.
- Dex says that Biana is "way too good" for Lex.
- When Biana and the others find out that in Level 1, and possibly Level 2, Dex ate his lunch during class, she says that she was stupid back then and blushes. This implies that maybe if she could go back, she would have eaten lunch with him.
- Dex catches Biana when she slips.
- Dex becomes bright red when she gets excited about him.
- Biana is really impressed by the gadgets Dex has built around his house.
- Dex said he liked Biana more than his siblings.
- Biana states that Dex should give himself more credit for all the work he does and Dex turns red.
- Biana calls Dex adorable while talking about him and Sophie.
- Biana put Dex's sleeping bag next to her's.
- Biana chose to work with Dex while trying to read the scrolls.
- Biana gives Dex a new hairstyle that is said to make him handsome, and he blushes the whole time.
- Biana said Dex looked awesome.
- Biana says that Dex and her family should be friends.
- Biana asks Dex if he is going to register for the match list, and sounds disappointed when Dex says he may not. This indicates that Biana would like to be on Dex's match list
- Dex chases after Sophie and Fitz, not wanting to be alone with Tam and Biana after they haven't seen each other in a while.
- Dex and Biana spend a lot of time together since Tam and Linh are with the Black Swan and Fitz and Sophie are training or talking with Keefe.
- Biana pulls Dex into the group hug, when Sophie and Fitz are about to follow the starstone hairpin, and makes sure to include him.
- Biana builds Dex up when he confesses his doubts on his abilities as a Technopath: "'No way—no underestimating yourself like that. You're Dex Dizznee. You built the Twiggler. You translated the Lodestar symbol. You built this.' She held up her hand and pointed to the pretty pink panic switch ring he'd given her." (Pg. 150)
- Biana, noticing that Iggy is green, asks Sophie if Dex visited the day before. When Sophie tries to distract her, Biana persists, demanding why Dex was there.
- Dex comforts Biana and "lets her soak his shoulder with snot and tears" when they find out Mr. Forkle is still alive.
- Dex is speechless while they are getting Biana to wake up.
- Biana turns to Dex right after Fitz and Sophie to tell her how she is.
- Dex offers to carry Biana to Livvy/Physic after she is injured.
- Biana mentions that she hailed Dex so they could work on the caches together without the triplets.
- Sophie notices that Dex is wearing his hair in the style that Biana told him he looked good in.
- It is said that Biana "leaned on Dex as she looked at Fitz's bleeding knuckles."
- Biana takes Dex's hand after he is unsure whether he wants to go into the cave where he and Sophie were kidnapped and Dex jumped and blushed when she did.
- Dex and Biana were still holding hands in the cave
- When Biana noticed that Dex stayed behind to talk to Sophie, she frowned and stayed for a long time.
- When Stina dunked Dex in the mud, Biana tackled her.
- Just before they were about to go into the King's Path, it is said that Biana was already clinging to Dex.
- After Dex collapses with Sophie's enhancing, Biana offers to bring him inside.
- While Team Valiant was still deciding on their name, Dex and Biana were friendlily teasing each other and potentially flirting about the possible names. (Pg. 143 and pg. 149)
- Biana and Dex both agreed that they were often left out of the group. (Pg. 147)
- Biana gave Dex a big pep talk and told him how much she believed in him when he doubted his abilities as a Technopath.
Similarities and Differences Edit
- They both dislike Stina Heks.
- They both join the Black Swan in Keeper of the Lost Cities: Neverseen.
- They both study at Foxfire and are in their fourth year.
- They both show no romantic interest in each other until Neverseen and Lodestar.
- They both consider Sophie Foster as their best friend.
- During Neverseen and Lodestar, both seem to let go of the crush they had in previous books.
- They have both studied at Exillium.
- They both have their fathers' eye color.
- Both their mothers are a part of the Black Swan.
- They both have at least one family member that has been lying to them about joining secret organizations for years.
- They are both a part of Team Valiant, and are Regents.
- They both have two brothers.
- They both have an ability
- Both of their mothers are in the Black Swan.
- Biana has brown hair while Dex has strawberry blond hair.
- Biana has teal eyes while Dex has periwinkle eyes.
- Biana is a Vanisher while Dex is a Technopath.
- Dex's family is working-class, while Biana's family is in the Nobility.
- Dex was Sophie's friend from the very beginning, while Biana doesn't like her until the end of Book 1: Keeper of the Lost Cities.
- Dex is the oldest of his siblings, while Biana is the youngest.
- Dex has three siblings, and Biana has two.
- Dex's parents are a bad match, while Biana's parents weren't.
- Biana looks like a Disney princess, according to Sophie, and Dex's last name is Dizznee. She could be a Dizznee princess.
- Bex, one of the listed ship names, is also one of Dex's siblings.
- In a deleted line from Lodestar, Biana says that an unknown character will have to face the wrath of "Dizznacker".