This article contains plot details from the latest book.
- Two teams are formed, and each team chooses a specific spot to call their "base".
- The opposing team races toward the other team's base (called "questing") while the other team attempts to guard their "base".
- The "questing" team and the guarding team are allowed to use their special abilities to guard/quest to the chosen base.
- The "guarding" team can run to tag out players.
- If the "questing" team manages to touch the guarding team's base, they win.
- If the "guarding" team tags all of the "questing" team then the team wins.
- Using your abilities to track down other players. For example, Sophie usually uses her enhanced telepathy to track down other players to the exact location they are in and then transmits the location to her teammate.
- Using your senses to track down other players.
- Using vanishing to become invisible and sneak to opposing teams base.
- Sprint to quickly reach the other team. This is used primarily by Sophie, who is the only known young elf capable of a brain push.
- Both teams’ bases have to be within the main gate.
- The team that chooses their base first has to quest first.
- No hiding muskogs in someone’s base!
- Personal note: "We all know that wasn’t a “random muskog encounter,” Keefe!"
- Abilities are allowed.
- Personal note: "But staying invisible the whole time makes playing with you super boring, Alvar!"
- There’s no prize for winning.
- Personal note: "Because you guys get way too competitive!"